Meet at the lot next to cemetery office and follow guide Marilyn Leyland in your own car to the Lydia Moss Bradley family circle of graves. While there, learn more about Lydia’s amazing life and many contributions to Peoria. Next stroll over to the Lucie Tyng family circle of graves, which is not visible from the road. Lucie Tyng’s grave is notable for the tribute displayed there from the Women’s Christian Temperance Union. You will also visit the graves of several other Peoria notables in the Mt. Prospect section of Springdale. Marilyn is a former President of PHS, a frequent writer and lecturer on Peoria history, and a veteran guide. • Participants are asked to wear masks during the tour and to socially distance from one another.
• Tours will last approximately 1 ½ hours, unless otherwise indicated.
• Tour fee is $15 per person.
• Tours will be limited to no more than 8 participants to assure social distancing.
• Participants should feel comfortable walking 1 ½ miles and standing up to 20 minutes.
• There may be uneven ground at Springdale Cemetery or on public sidewalks.
• Tours will go rain or shine, except in the case of severe weather. Participants should dress accordingly. If severe weather comes up while a tour is taking place, it may be cut short to ensure the safety of the participants.
• Cancellations permitted up to 24 hours ahead with full refund or reschedule.