Meet at the Peoria Public Library Parking lot. Join guide John Leyland for a walk along Main, Adams, Fulton and Madison. Learn about the wonderful theaters that once lined the street as well as the bustling retail district that existed along Adams. John can tell you all about the renovations of the 1960’s and 1980’s. Wonderful “before” and “after” photos of the area make the stories come alive.
· Participants are asked to wear masks during the tour and to socially distance from one another.
· Tours will last approximately 1 ½ hours, unless otherwise indicated.
· Participants should feel comfortable walking 1 ½ miles and standing up to 20 minutes.
· There may be uneven ground at Springdale Cemetery or on public sidewalks.
· Tours will go rain or shine, except in the case of severe weather. Participants should dress accordingly. If severe weather comes up while a tour is taking place, it may be cut short to ensure the safety of the participants. There is plenty of shade on all the tours.