NOTE TWO HOUR TIME FRAME FOR THIS TOUR! Meet at the office of Springdale cemetery to start the tour. You will caravan to seven different areas of the cemetery, giving you a great overview of not just the cemetery but also of Peoria. Josiah Fulton, Alois Zotz, the Heidrich and Buehler families, Zealy Moss, and Anastase Robin are but a few of the graves you will visit. Your tour includes entering the beautiful Mausoleum, which is usually not open to the public. Bernie Drake, former PHS President and OLLI instructor, will be your guide.
· Participants are asked to wear masks during the tour and to socially distance from one another.
· Tours will last approximately 1 ½ hours, unless otherwise indicated.
· Tour fee is $15 per person.
· Tours will be limited to no more than 8 participants to assure social distancing.
· Participants should feel comfortable walking 1 ½ miles and standing up to 20 minutes.
· There may be uneven ground at Springdale Cemetery or on public sidewalks.
· Tours will go rain or shine, except in the case of severe weather. Participants should dress accordingly. If severe weather comes up while a tour is taking place, it may be cut short to ensure the safety of the participants.
· Cancellations permitted up to 24 hours ahead with full refund or reschedule.